“We’re all about looking out for our residents. The agency also looks out for us as employees. Working with Resident Home helps you grow as a person, to understand and accept unconditional love.” Cari Gaskins, DSP, Resident Home Association
“It’s good to work for Choices because I feel like I personally make a difference in the lives of some awesome people who just need a little help. The interactions I have with clients have enriched my life and given me new perspective. It’s been an experience that I’ll treasure.” Mindy Readler, DSP, Choices In Community Living
Choices In Community Living and Resident Home Association provide professional careers in direct care services for individuals with autism, cerebral palsy, Down Syndrome and other developmental disabilities. Our employees provide services and support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. We provide flexible work schedules, including nights and weekends.
Are you a good cook? Do you like planning menus for a family? Do you like t o shop, go to the movies, restaurants, community events and activities? Do you like to feel that what you do makes a difference? Do you care about people? Do you enjoy challenges and celebrate success? Do you believe that everyone has a right to a safe and nurturing home in the community? If you answer yes to any of these questions, you may have just found the job for you.
When you join the Choices In Community Living or Resident Home Association teams, you become part of a family-oriented, ethics-based commitment to people with developmental disabilities. In addition to training received during orientation, you are provided ongoing training, as well as specialized training as needed. You are part of a team that values professionalism and service.
Full-time and part-time hours are available, as well as a varied work schedule, including day, evening and weekend. Paid vacation and other benefits are available.
Applicants for Direct Support Professional (DSP) positions must have a high school or equivalency diploma, a good driving record, pass a background check and provide support to individuals with developmental disabilities according to the DSP Code of Ethics. Previous experience in working with people with disabilities or in human services is welcome but not required.
Code of Ethics for Direct Support Professionals
- My first allegiance is to the person I support – all other activities and functions flow from this allegiance.
- I am responsible for supporting the emotional, physical and personal well-being of those I serve. I will encourage growth and recognize the autonomy of those I serve while being attentive and energetic in reducing risks to them.
- I will support the mission and vitality of my profession to assist people in leading self-directed lives and to foster a spirit of partnership with the people I support, other professionals and the community.
- I will safeguard and respect the confidentiality and privacy of the people I support.
- I will promise and practice justice, fairness and equity for the people I support and the community as a whole. I will affirm the human rights, civil rights and responsibilities of the people I support.
- I will respect the human dignity and uniqueness of the people I support. I will recognize each person as valuable and help others understand their value.
- I will assist the people I support in developing and maintaining relationships.
- I will assist the people I support to direct the course of their own lives.
- I will advocate with the people I support for justice, inclusion and full community participation.
Choices In Community Living and Resident Home Association are statewide leaders in the development and promotion of the DSPATHS (Direct Support Professional Advancement and Training in Human Services) national and state credentialing/certification training for Direct Support Professionals and support the efforts of employees in obtaining their DSPATHS credentials for professional development/career advancement.
Choices in Community Living
Job Applicants may apply to Choices In Community Living by completing the online application at: www.cicljobs.com.
Resident Home Association
Job Applicants may apply to Resident Home Association by completing the online application at: www.rhadayton.com
or in person at:
3661 Salem Avenue
Application Hours: 9:00am – 4:00pm Monday – Friday